St. Henry and St. Bernard
Youth Religious Education and Youth Activity Report to Education Commission
- Beginning this year, Grade 10 is eligible to prepare for Confirmation. Grades 10 and 11 will be preparing this year.
- Date of Spring 2019 Confirmation at St. Bernard’s to be determined – probably by end of November. Potential total of 90 Candidates from St. Henry and St. Bernard.
Mission Trip - Summer of 2019
- We are beginning to plan for a Catholic Heart Mission Trip next Summer for High School aged students (those in High School in 2019-2010 school year).
Youth Center Schedule
- Tuesdays: 3-4:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 3-4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 3-5 p.m. (Grades 3-5)
5-8 p.m. (Grades 5 and older)
St. Henry’s and St. Bernard’s involvement in Shared Community Mission Group (SCMG)
- Weekend Food To Go and Grow - All Churches involved in SCMG - ongoing collection of food to distribute to qualifying Kindergarteners in Watertown Public Schools, Watertown Catholic School and Good Shepherd
- Food To Go Now – SCMG - Providing food for immediate need to any student at Lincoln. Soon to be also at Webster and Schurz.
- Support Our Students (SOS) - All Churches involved in SCMG collect and then distribute of school supplies before school begins.
- NEST – SCMG supports an initiative of some WHS high school staff to provide for material/food needs of students with serious needs.